VocBench 3 released!

Armando Stellato

Sep 29, 2017, 5:58:31 AM9/29/17
to vocbench-user, vocbench-...@googlegroups.com, semantict...@googlegroups.com, semanticturk...@googlegroups.com, AIMS

Dear all,

it is with great pleasure that we bring this news: VocBench 3 is available for download!

http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/downloads/

The VocBench site has also been updated to reflect the move to VB3, though it still provides links to past VB2 documentation for those users who will take some time before migrating to the new VocBench.

The site includes basic introduction and download references, a user manual, a system administrator manual and a developer manual. There is still plenty of documentation that could be written. Give us some time…it will come :-)

This email reaches also the Semantic Turkey mailing list for two reasons:

·         After a decade of versioning 0.something releases, Semantic Turkey has finally reached version “1.0”. Semantic Turkey has underwent several changes in the past years (with some years of pitstop, meditating on what it would do when it would have grown up), starting from its original support to a semantic bookmarking and (later) annotation system, towards becoming a fully fledged RDF Services Framework for Knowledge Management and Acquisition. With the latest improvements (and reengineering) we brought in the context of developing VB3, we can finally consider this one to be the 1.0 version of ST.

·         With VB3, Semantic Turkey officially abandons its original Firefox UI. VB3 is today the main UI for Semantic Turkey.

At the end of this long design and developing effort, we would like to thank:

·         the members of the Publication Office and the management of the ISA2 Program, who provided the possibility to develop VocBench in what we always wanted it to be

·         Everybody at Infeurope S.A. for the great collaboration and kind support on site at the OP

·         Johannes Keizer for seeing it so far!

·         Everybody at AIMS for the great time together in the VB2 experience (and much more!)

·         And, surely not the least in importance, this community, always rich in feedback and appreciation!

Finally, before this email gets too long, dear user, you are welcome to go to http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/downloads/ and let us know your impressions!

Cheers,

The VocBench team

http://art.uniroma2.it/

P.S: As a side note: VocBench 3 has been recently presented at the 17th NKOS workshop, this is the reference to the paper.

Armando Stellato, Andrea Turbati, Manuel Fiorelli, Tiziano Lorenzetti, Eugeniu Costetchi, Christine Laaboudi, Willem Van Gemert and Johannes Keizer Towards VocBench 3: Pushing Collaborative Development of Thesauri and Ontologies Further Beyond, Proceedings of the 17th European Networked Knowledge Organization Systems Workshop, co-located with the 21st International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries 2017 (TPDL 2017) VOL. 1937, pp. 39-52, 2017 Document on the Web