Which role for deleting

Laurent Pierre

Mar 11, 2020, 6:12:58 AM3/11/20
to semanticturkey-user
Hi,

I just added roles to a user such as 'rdfgeek or 'ontologist' associated to a project

Capture d’écran 2020-03-11 à 11.11.03.png

but I still can't delete entries in the project ...

Any idea ?

Kind regards,

Laurent

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Mar 11, 2020, 6:46:40 AM3/11/20
to semantict...@googlegroups.com
Dear Laurent,
could you share also the request you're performing for deleting entries?

Anyway, role 'rdfgeek' should be enough to delete triples, just be sure that the user has also languages assigned in case the object of the triple you're deleting is a language tagged literal, or a skosxl label, otherwise every action that involves such values will be denied.

Moreover, in order to get further info about why the operation has been denied, you could also set the ST log level to DEBUG (see here) and inspect the log.

Kind regards,
Tiziano

Laurent Pierre

Mar 11, 2020, 10:06:49 AM3/11/20
to semanticturkey-user
Dear Tiziano,

I try to delete an entry through the web interface.  In my logfile I get

2020-03-11T14:59:56,527 | DEBUG | qtp1162166247-99 | STServiceAspect                  | 150 - it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.st-core-framework - 7.0.0 | Begin of service invocation: STServiceInvocaton{method=public void it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.services.core.Administration.addRolesToUser(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String[]) throws it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.user.ProjectBindingException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.InvalidProjectNameException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.ProjectInexistentException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.ProjectAccessException, args=[test1, laurent...@edf.fr, [Ljava.lang.String;@15c35fb1]}

when  I add role 'rdfgeek associated to project 'test1' for 'laurent...@edf.fr' user.

This project exist since

Capture d’écran 2020-03-11 à 15.04.57.png

Kind regards,

Laurent

Il giorno mer 11 mar 2020 alle ore 11:13 Laurent Pierre <lolost...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
Hi,

I just added roles to a user such as 'rdfgeek or 'ontologist' associated to a project

Capture d’écran 2020-03-11 à 11.11.03.png

but I still can't delete entries in the project ...

Any idea ?

Kind regards,

Laurent

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Mar 11, 2020, 10:52:27 AM3/11/20
to semantict...@googlegroups.com
Dear Laurent,
sorry, I'm a bit confused. There are two distinct errors:
  • The one in the first email was about the fact that you weren't able to delete an entry due to missing privileges.
  • The last one is about an (apparently) invalid project name while you're trying to add a role to a user.
Just to be clear, which of these actions was performed though the web interface and which using Postman?

The error reported in the log when did happened? after the request from Postman or using the web interface?
In the first email you attached a screenshot about a POST request for adding the "rdfgeek" role to a user. Did that request succeed? In case not, then it was normal that the user was not able to delete entries.

Laurent Pierre

Mar 11, 2020, 11:01:04 AM3/11/20
to semanticturkey-user
Dear Tiziano,

Le mercredi 11 mars 2020 15:52:27 UTC+1, tiziano.lorenzetti a écrit :
Dear Laurent,

sorry, I'm a bit confused. There are two distinct errors:
  • The one in the first email was about the fact that you weren't able to delete an entry due to missing privileges.
  • The last one is about an (apparently) invalid project name while you're trying to add a role to a user.
Just to be clear, which of these actions was performed though the web interface and which using Postman?

add a role to a user (see log) : Postman
delete an entry : Web interface (the delete icon is not active)

The error reported in the log when did happened? after the request from Postman or using the web interface?

after the request from Postman

In the first email you attached a screenshot about a POST request for adding the "rdfgeek" role to a user. Did that request succeed? In case not, then it was normal that the user was not able to delete entries.

I thought it worked but inspecting the logfile I noticed the exception which seems caused by the the facts ST didn't recognize the project.

Kind regards,

Laurent

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Mar 11, 2020, 11:16:11 AM3/11/20
to semantict...@googlegroups.com
Ok, so first it is necessary to solve the error when adding the role, then I guess you will be able to delete entries.
The "projectName" you provided (test1) seems to be ok, anyway make sure that there aren't non-printable characters in the value (any chance you copy&pasted the name into the value field of Postman?).
If you don't resolve, you could try to add the role using the web interface and inspect network activity of the browser. Then compare the addRolesToUser request sent by the browser with the one you sent with Postman and see if you notice differences.

Laurent Pierre

Mar 11, 2020, 12:37:26 PM3/11/20
to semanticturkey-user
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to semanticturkey-user+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Mar 11, 2020, 12:41:54 PM3/11/20
to semantict...@googlegroups.com
The administrator can manage the project-user binding in the Projects administration page.

Laurent Pierre

Mar 11, 2020, 1:26:28 PM3/11/20
to semanticturkey-user
I created a new project 'test2' and then associated 'john...@worldnet.net' to it with rdfgeek role

Capture d’écran 2020-03-11 à 18.21.25.png

but I couldn't even create a concept this time :(

The problem comes from the role assignation

2020-03-11T18:15:41,580 | DEBUG | qtp1162166247-212 | STServiceAspect                  | 150 - it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.st-core-framework - 7.0.0 | End of service invocation: STServiceInvocaton{method=public void it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.services.core.Administration.addRolesToUser(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String[]) throws it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.user.ProjectBindingException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.InvalidProjectNameException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.ProjectInexistentException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.ProjectAccessException, args=[test2, john...@world.net, [Ljava.lang.String;@36755712]}
2020-03-11T18:15:41,581 | DEBUG | qtp1162166247-212 | LegacyAndNewStyleServiceConnectioManagementHandlerInterceptor | 150 - it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.st-core-framework - 7.0.0 | post handle: SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestWrapper[ FirewalledRequest[ Request(POST //localhost:1979/semanticturkey/it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey/st-core-services/Administration/addRolesToUser?)@1f540c4]]

Le mercredi 11 mars 2020 17:41:54 UTC+1, tiziano.lorenzetti a écrit :
The administrator can manage the project-user binding in the Projects administration page.

Il giorno mer 11 mar 2020 alle ore 17:37 Laurent Pierre <lolost...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
here's the binding.ttl file related to the pair project|user :

BTW : how could you add a role through the web interface ?

Il giorno mer 11 mar 2020 alle ore 16:01 Laurent Pierre <lolost...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
[...]

Tiziano Lorenzetti

Mar 12, 2020, 7:55:27 AM3/12/20
to semantict...@googlegroups.com
Dear Laurent,
have you created and selected a ConceptScheme?  (from the "Scheme" tab). If not, you should see a yellow warning sign in the top bar of the concept tree panel which warns you that  it is not possible to create new concept.

I also just downloaded VocBench 7.0.0 and run a new installation from scratch, I wanted to be sure that no configuration I had locally interfered with the test.
I did every action with the web interface (I didn't make any request manually using Postman) and in my case everything worked fine: the addition of a role to a user, the creation of a concept and the deletion of entries.

It looks like that test1 accept lauren...@edf.fr as a rdfgeek.

[...]

Laurent Pierre

Mar 12, 2020, 8:41:29 AM3/12/20
to semanticturkey-user

Dear Tiziano,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I noticed that I got a warning/error when launching ST related to libreadline (8.0 instead of 7).  I fixed it with a symbolic link, destroyed the ST data directory and started form scratch, even testing a remote datastore.  It works fine now and I eager to share a ST server my colleague working with thesaurus.

Thanks a lot again and I'll get you posted for the future use of your tool.

Kind regards,

Laurent

I created a new project 'test2' and then associated 'joh...@worldnet.net' to it with rdfgeek role

Capture d’écran 2020-03-11 à 18.21.25.png

but I couldn't even create a concept this time :(

The problem comes from the role assignation

2020-03-11T18:15:41,580 | DEBUG | qtp1162166247-212 | STServiceAspect                  | 150 - it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.st-core-framework - 7.0.0 | End of service invocation: STServiceInvocaton{method=public void it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.services.core.Administration.addRolesToUser(java.lang.String,java.lang.String,java.lang.String[]) throws it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.user.ProjectBindingException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.InvalidProjectNameException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.ProjectInexistentException,it.uniroma2.art.semanticturkey.exceptions.ProjectAccessException, args=[test2, joh...@world.net, [Ljava.lang.String;@36755712]}