RE: semanticturkey-client-0.12.xpi doesn't work with firefox v46

Armando Stellato

May 11, 2016, 12:38:07 PM5/11/16
to semanticturk...@googlegroups.com, semantict...@googlegroups.com

Dear Zhan,

Adding this reply to the user mailing list as well, as it can be of interest for all users.

eheh, the time has come, with Firefox going to not allow anymore unsigned extensions, and with the heavy review process of extensions not allowing a big extension such as Semantic Turkey to be reviewed in practice (that’s what I realized after a long and painful wait), it is the time we say goodbye to the UI on Firefox.

For now however, which means Firefox 0.46 and probably not 0.47, it is possible to override the check for signed extensions by setting this preference:

xpinstall.signatures.required

to false. Just type “about:config” in the address bar and look for the preference above, then change its value.

More info here: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Add-ons/Extension_Signing

Anyway, Semantic Turkey is not dead nor mortally wounded, we already started a migration process to a web application client based on Angular 2. Furthermore, this project will (later) include all of the features available in VocBench (http://vocbench.uniroma2.it/), replacing both clients in a unified application.

A first version will be available not far from now.

Stay tuned, more news coming in the next weeks…

Cheers,

Armando

May 12, 2016, 9:32:53 AM5/12/16
to Zhan Liu, semanticturkey-developer, semantict...@googlegroups.com

Dear Zhan,

for now, no need to change the version. With the current 0.46 you can use the preference setting I just described.

Cheers,

Armando

May 12, 2016, 10:24:27 AM5/12/16
to Zhan Liu, semanticturkey-developer, semantict...@googlegroups.com

Dear Zhan,

for point 1, guess these two pages are good for you :-)

http://semanticturkey.uniroma2.it/documentation/adv_user/#customIDURIgeneration

http://semanticturkey.uniroma2.it/documentation/dev/#custom_id_generation

in a few words, you can build your own ID generator, but you can also customize the default one (and I guess this second option is enough for your needs)

for point 2, sorry ST agnostically invokes the serializer of the connected technology. In the case of RDFXML, you can choose RDFXML or RDFXML-ABREV, but you can’t go further with it. If you need a further level of customization you can export data and then build a serializer yourself.

Cheers,

Armando