First bullet is not rendered

mitchelln

Jul 9, 2009, 8:38:37 AM7/9/09
to Semantic Forms
Hi.

I'm using SMW 1.4.2 and SF 1.7.2. I'm having a problem with bullets in
text fields in forms. For example, when I enter the following into the
field and save:

*Item 1
*Item 2
*Item 3

the first bullet is not rendered. It is displayed as the ASCII *
character. The 2nd and 3rd bullets are rendered okay. I'm sure this
used to work fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Yaron Koren

Jul 9, 2009, 12:11:57 PM7/9/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This doesn't sound like a Semantic Forms issue per se, since SF doesn't control the appearance of templates. I think this issue has come up before, though, and you can fix it by putting a newline before the inclusion of that field in the template.

-Yaron

David Gómez

Jul 9, 2009, 12:31:02 PM7/9/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
I think this was a MW bug in the first line of the page that was
solved some versions ago.

The problem is still in the template fields when these are associated
to semantic properties. I don't know why.

The problem is not only with bullets. There are problems also with
other wikitext markup like ''' for bold.

Maybe is there a bug in MW or in SMW code.

- dvdgmz

mitchelln

Jul 10, 2009, 5:09:42 AM7/10/09
to Semantic Forms
Hi.

Unfortunately putting a newline into the template before the field
does not seem to fix it. The only way to stop it happening is to put a
newline or other text before the bullets when entering the text into
the form. However, people invariably forget to do this.

Cheers
Neill.

On Jul 9, 5:11 pm, Yaron Koren <yaro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This doesn't sound like a Semantic Forms issue per se, since SF doesn't
> control the appearance of templates. I think this issue has come up before,
> though, and you can fix it by putting a newline before the inclusion of that
> field in the template.
>
> -Yaron

tosfos

Jul 10, 2009, 2:07:18 PM7/10/09
to Semantic Forms
The newline works for us. We're using MediaWiki 1.13.2.

mitchelln

Jul 15, 2009, 4:39:24 AM7/15/09
to Semantic Forms
Could you please give an example in case I'm missing something simple
here?

Thanks!