Version 1.7.2: bug fixes, etc.

Yaron Koren

Jun 25, 2009, 6:18:38 PM6/25/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Version 1.7.2 of Semantic Forms has been released. This version has the following changes and additions:

- HTML-escaped characters, like "<", should now always get saved correctly in forms.

- form features that don't make sense in query forms, like disabling the fields and showing an "anonymous user" warning, no longer appear when you're on the 'RunQuery' page.

- the "includeonly free text" parameter has been renamed to "onlyinclude free text" (though the old name still works), and now (as you might guess) uses the "<onlyinclude>" MediaWiki tag instead of "<includeonly>". This makes for a simpler page structure, and lets all of the page's contents get displayed, which I think is a nice improvement. Apologies, though, to anyone who already has created pages with the old "includeonly free text" - those, I believe, will have to be re-edited manually.

- a new global variable, $sfgRenameMainEditTab, was added, that lets you set the form-edit tab to be called "edit with form" and the regular edit tab to "edit source"; i.e., so that neither tab is called just "edit".

- values that set the automatic page name, for the "one-step" page-creation process, can now have periods in them.

- the "\r" Windows newline character can now be used as a value in autocompletion, without breaking the Javascript (though there's no reason why you'd want to...).

- "autocomplete on category" now eliminates duplicate values (this happens only rarely, when a page belongs to both a category and one of of its subcategories).

- language support was added for Aramaic, Pennsylvania Dutch and Tatar.

Once again, thanks to Ontoprise for their continued funding of this development.

-Yaron

Patrick Nagel

Jun 26, 2009, 8:54:21 AM6/26/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com

Yaron Koren

Jun 26, 2009, 10:50:45 AM6/26/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
That's true; it probably makes sense to add that option to the documentation.

Laurent Alquier

Jun 29, 2009, 4:57:59 PM6/29/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Yaron

I am afraid I may have a bug to report.

Since I installed 1.7.2, I am experiencing an issue with ecaped characters.

For example, if I have : 'Domain = R&D' in my template.

The form will display the value as : 'Domain = R&amp;D'

Which in turn is saved in its escaped form, and results in :  'Domain = R&amp;amp;D' the next time I edit the form.

Chaos quickly ensues :)

I will try to do more tests later but I wanted to give you a heads up.

- Laurent
--
- Laurent Alquier
http://www.linfa.net