Quirky dropdown menus

Martien

Jun 20, 2009, 5:48:11 AM6/20/09
to Semantic Forms
I have two string properties:

Property:Is_written_in_language with allowed values Nederlands,
Engels, Duits, Frans, Spaans.
Property:Is_originally_written_in_language with allowed values
Nederlands, Engels, Duits, Frans, Spaans, Italiaans, Japans, Chinees.

Both have their own unique lists of allowed values (see above)
Both are used in Form:Publication.

Property:Is_written_in_language shows as a text field.
Property:Is_originally_written_in_language shows as a pop-up menu.

Can't find out why there is this difference.

Would like them both to be dropdown menus.

See http://aardnoot.nl/Speciaal:GegevensToevoegen/Publikatie/Test.

Any help appreciated.

Yaron Koren

Jun 21, 2009, 7:05:26 PM6/21/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

My guess is that this is a bug in SF's template parsing. You can get around it, though, by using the "property=" parameter in the form field, to manually connect the field to a property.

-Yaron

Martien

Jun 22, 2009, 6:43:19 AM6/22/09
to Semantic Forms
Thanks! This works fine.

How can I file a bug, and should I?

Martien.

On Jun 22, 1:05 am, Yaron Koren <yaro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My guess is that this is a bug in SF's template parsing. You can get around
> it, though, by using the "property=" parameter in the form field, to
> manually connect the field to a property.
>
> -Yaron
>
> On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 5:48 AM, Martien
> <martien.van.steenber...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > I have two string properties:
>
> > Property:Is_written_in_language with allowed values Nederlands,
> > Engels, Duits, Frans, Spaans.
> > Property:Is_originally_written_in_language with allowed values
> > Nederlands, Engels, Duits, Frans, Spaans, Italiaans, Japans, Chinees.
>
> > Both have their own unique lists of allowed values (see above)
> > Both are used in Form:Publication.
>
> > Property:Is_written_in_language shows as a text field.
> > Property:Is_originally_written_in_language shows as a pop-up menu.
>
> > Can't find out why there is this difference.
>
> > Would like them both to be dropdown menus.
>
> > Seehttp://aardnoot.nl/Speciaal:GegevensToevoegen/Publikatie/Test.
>
> > Any help appreciated.

Yaron Koren

Jun 22, 2009, 9:52:52 AM6/22/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes, that would be a good idea - you can follow the directions for filing a bug report on the SF page; you should include the URL for that form.

-Yaron