Version 1.7.3: fixes for HTML-escaping of characters, SMWSQLStore support removed, etc.

1 view

Yaron Koren

Jul 1, 2009, 6:22:53 PM7/1/09
to semanti...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Version 1.7.3 of Semantic Forms has been released. In this version:

- there were further fixes for HTML-escaping of characters. which I thought I had fixed in the last version, but I had actually made the problem somewhat worse. The issue is that the handling of HTML-escaped characters (like "&") has to be different for different kinds of inputs: regular text inputs, autocompleted text inputs, radiobuttons, etc. - I didn't realize that before. As far as I know, this escaping now works for all inputs, though of course I could be wrong.

- support was removed for SMW's SMWSQLStore, which was the old database-storage system in versions 1.2 and earlier. Hopefully no one uses this store any more, but if you do, you'll have to upgrade if you want to use the latest SF.

- support was added for binary storage in databases - it turns out that MediaWiki has an option to store data in fields of type "varbinary", for more efficient storage. SF's SQL queries can now handle such fields, thanks to code from Patrick Nagel.

- there were some fixes for getting the default form for a page when using versions of SMW older than 1.4, thanks to code from Deborah Folger.

-Yaron