Fwd: Meeting on Dewey Decimal Classification as linked data

Jodi Schneider

Mar 15, 2011, 11:34:02 AM3/15/11
to semantic...@googlegroups.com
This is so cool I have to share it even though the relation to archives is tangential at best.

:) -Jodi

Begin forwarded message:

Date: 14 March 2011 19:41:25 GMT
Subject: Meeting on Dewey Decimal Classification as linked data

​All

The European DDC Users Group (EDUG) Technical Issues Working Group (EDUG IT) will meet during the annual EDUG general meeting, as follows:

11:00-12:30, 8 April 2011

Kungliga biblioteket – National Library of Sweden, Stockholm, Sweden

The main focus of the meeting will be Dewey as linked data.

Observers are welcome to attend this meeting. If you wish to do so, please contact me in advance (by 6 April at the latest)

Note that the previous day, 7 April 2011, there is a symposium "The Dewey journey in Europe - a case study of classification in the 21st century" which is free and open to all. See http://www.kb.se/aktuellt/utbildningar/2011/EDUG-conference-2011/ for further information and online registration.

Cheer

Gordon Dunsire

Chair, EDUG IT