ALA Linked Library Data Interest Group - Sunday, Jan. 22, 10:30-12

已查看 15 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Corey A Harper

未读,
2012年1月9日 12:32:522012/1/9
收件人 semantic...@googlegroups.com
*** With apologies for cross-posting ***

The LITA/ALCTS Linked Library Data Interest Group (LLD-IG) will be
meeting from 10:30-12 on Sunday, January 22 in the Lone Star Ballroom
C2 of the Sheraton Dallas. The agenada is below, and online at:
http://connect.ala.org/node/165005.

We're hoping for a visit from Jon Voss, founder and organizer of the
LOD-LAM movement, for a presentation on the current state of LOD-LAM.
This will be followed on by other updates and reports on Linked Data
activities. We can also make time for a limited number of lightning
talk style presentations of no longer than 5 minutes if you have
projects or topics that you'd like to share. If you'd like to give a
brief talk, please contact the interest group chairs. The remainder of
the morning will be a business meeting, including updates from
sub-groups formed at Annual in New Orleans, and planning for the
Annaheim Preconference.

Additionally, we are looking for volunteers to replace Karen Coyle &
Corey Harper as co-chairs, or volunteers for a new chair and
chair-elect. The current chairs intend to stay involved in the group,
but feel that after one year of informal meetings and a year of formal
existence, it's time for new leadership. Please contact the interest
group chairs if you'd like to consider stepping into this leadership
role.

Agenda
1) Updates / Reports on other LOD-LAM / LLD Activities / Lightning Talks (All)
     - Coders & Catalogers CURATEcamp at DLF2011 (Corey)
2) Discussion of BibFrame activities & Dublin Core Architecture Work
(Corey / Karen)
3) Updates on sub-groups formed at Annual
     - Use-cases
     - Prototyping
4) LLD Resources Wiki / Connect Page (Laura A.)
5) Planning for Annaheim Preconference (Debora S.)

Minutes of the New Orleans meeting are available at:
http://connect.ala.org/node/164892. Minutes of previous "informal"
LLD-IG meetings from ALA-2010 in Washington DC, Dublin Core 2010 in
Pittsburgh, and ALA-MW-2011 in San Diego are online at:
http://wikis.ala.org/lita/index.php/Linkeddata

--
Corey A Harper
Metadata Services Librarian