SemTab 2022 - Round 3 - BiodivTab - what is DBpedia LIVE?

Raphaël Troncy

Sep 29, 2022, 9:07:48 AM9/29/22
to Sem-Tab Challenge, Raphaël Troncy
Dear Organizers,

From https://sem-tab-challenge.github.io/2022/#round3, regarding the BiodvTab dataset, for the CTA task, the instructions read:

"It's to annotate an entity column (i.e., a column composed of entity mentions) in a table with types from the DBpedia live version (19 Sep 2022)"

while for the CEA task, no version of DBpedia is provided!

What is the "DBpedia live version (19 Sep 2022)"?
The June 2022 snapshot version of DBpedia has been cancelled and the September 2022 snapshot is to be expected by November 1st, as communicated by DBpedia https://www.dbpedia.org/blog/dbpedia-snapshot-2022-06-release/!

Do you expect that SemTab challenge participants query "some" public endpoints of DBpedia? If so, which ones? How one could know which data is loaded in a given open endpoint (beyond what the maintainers can say)? Will the SemTab 2022 participants generate some sort of abuse of a public endpoint for the sole purpose of the challenge?

Can you please clarify what snapshot of the knowledge graph we should use, whether dumps are available or not or under which constraints we should operate if we must query an open endpoint we do not control.
Best regards.

Raphaël Troncy ... on behalf of DAGOBAH team

Nora Youssef

Sep 30, 2022, 11:20:47 AM9/30/22
to Raphaël Troncy, Sem-Tab Challenge, Raphaël Troncy
Dear Raphaël,

Thank you for your email.
Please use the DBpedia dump, (DBpedia 2022-03) https://databus.dbpedia.org/dbpedia/collections/dbpedia-snapshot-2022-03
I have updated the SemTab website accordingly.
Please let me know if you encountered any further issues.

Regards,
Nora

Nora Abdelmageed
Research Associate | PhD Student |