dbr on CTA annotation ?

Brice FOKO

Oct 5, 2022, 5:14:06 AM10/5/22
to Sem-Tab Challenge
Hello dear organisers,

I would like to know if in the CTA annotation with DBPedia, a resource can represent a type?
Indeed, the task asks us to annotate each column with the properties of the DBpedia ontology (DBO) but, in the dataset Train CTA_BiodivTab_gt.csv for example we find several CTA annotations with the prefix DBR.
For example :
- 0dc3add04e344228bb140d5392399521,33,http://dbpedia.org/resource/Copper
- 0dc3add04e344228bb140d5392399521,32, "http://dbpedia.org/resource/Cobalt,http://dbpedia.org/ontology/ChemicalCompound,http://dbpedia.org/ontology/ChemicalSubstance"
- 23ec62734eee41768969b817069b4011,11, "http://dbpedia.org/resource/Color,http://dbpedia.org/ontology/Colour"

Can you clarify if this is an error or if we can use these dbr prefixes to annotate the columns?

I look forward to your reply.
With kind regards

Nora Youssef

Oct 5, 2022, 6:16:18 AM10/5/22
to Brice FOKO, Sem-Tab Challenge
Dear Brice,

Thank you for your email. Yes, normally we have dbo annotations for CTA. However, BiodivTab is a bit different in its characteristics and is manually annotated. So, to facilitate the annotation task we accept both dbr and dbo.
- 0dc3add04e344228bb140d5392399521,33,http://dbpedia.org/resource/Copper
Doesn't have a dbo annotation since such resource has no dbo valid type, it has types for both Currency and MilitaryUnit which don't relate to our context here.
Please let me know if you encountered any more issues.

Best,
Nora

Nora Abdelmageed
Research Associate | PhD Student |