Drupal's CRM Core module

Edward L Platt

Jan 22, 2017, 5:45:25 PM1/22/17
to seltzer...@googlegroups.com, coop...@googlegroups.com
Hi friends!

I've been checking out Drupal's CRM Core module: https://www.drupal.org/project/crm_core

It's pretty nifty, and exactly the kind of thing I had in mind when I started building Seltzer. Seltzer is modeled after Drupal, but I decided not to make it a Drupal module because at the time Drupal's was not good at handling data other than articles (e.g., people). But Drupal 7 now has a module called "entities" (also part of Drupal 8 core). Entities extend a lot of the functionality that used to only work on articles to other types of data. CRM Core makes it possible to build CRMs using Drupal Entities. And it does a good job of it.

If you're thinking about starting a new CRM, I definitely suggest checking out CRM Core. And as for Seltzer, I think it should be easy to recreate most of the functionality in CRM Core, as well as to migrate data. So I'll be looking into how to do that. If anyone wants to help, let me know. That way, folks using seltzer can eventually switch over to a larger, more well-maintained project if they'd like.

And although my availability may vary over time, I'm still committed to helping hackerspaces and other member-run communities use technology to self-organize.

Ed

--
Edward L. Platt
PhD student, University of Michigan School of Information

Tips for stopping email overload: https://hbr.org/2012/02/stop-email-overload-1

This digital electronic mail message was sent from my general-purpose desktop personal computing machine.  Please forgive any overly-verbose, long-winded, rambling prose.

Chris Murray

Jan 30, 2017, 11:49:52 AM1/30/17
to seltzercrm-dev, coop...@googlegroups.com, e...@elplatt.com
Ed,

Definitely interested in helping recreate the functionality in drupal! Hit me up on the usual social media channels when you're free :)

Chris

mys...@telcodata.us

Feb 7, 2017, 9:37:08 PM2/7/17
to Coop Software, seltzer...@googlegroups.com, e...@elplatt.com
Out of curiosity, has anyone here looked at Odoo? It looks a little heavyweight, but the self-hosted option is free, and there's some inertia elsewhere to build hackerspace-relevant modules (like door/equipment access) for it.