Suricata is still on 5.0.0-dev. How to upgrade it to 5.0.0 version?

Sree Hari

Oct 30, 2019, 10:48:19 AM10/30/19
to SELKS
Ran selks-upgrade_stamus couple of days ago. But it did not upgrade Suricata to 5.0.0 though it is released last week.

selks-user@SELKS:/var/log/suricata$ suricata -V
This is Suricata version 5.0.0-dev (06d3e1d3d 2019-07-19)

I am just  learning/playing with the distro. Not looking for anything in specific.

Regards,
Sree.

Alexander Nedelchev

Oct 30, 2019, 12:43:56 PM10/30/19
to SELKS
Hello,

thank you for your interest in SELKS. The next release , which I think will come out in November, will include suricata 5.0.0 stable.

In the mean time if you would like to play follow this guide to compile your own suricata

Sree Hari

Dec 13, 2019, 7:47:56 AM12/13/19
to SELKS
Any update on when we will get a Suricata 5.0 stable?

Tried the following wiki but the VM is running in a isolated environment. Getting all the packages to the VM is a huge challenge.

Regards,
Sree.

Peter Manev

Dec 13, 2019, 9:50:47 AM12/13/19
to Sree Hari, SELKS
On Fri, Dec 13, 2019 at 1:47 PM Sree Hari <hari...@gmail.com> wrote:
Any update on when we will get a Suricata 5.0 stable?

SELKS runs the latest dev edition , so it is ahead of 5.0.
I just pushed an updated latest dev package to the test selks repo (you can enable it in /apt/sources.d/selks5.list)

Tried the following wiki but the VM is running in a isolated environment. Getting all the packages to the VM is a huge challenge.

If it is isolated i think it would have the same problem as if you do normal upgrade as well - it would still need to get out and download them the usual way ?

thank you

Regards,
Sree.

https://github.com/StamusNetworks/SELKS/wiki/How-to-compile-latest-Suricata-on-SELKS

--
IRC: Let's talk about SELKS on Freenode IRC on the #SELKS channel
Wiki: https://github.com/StamusNetworks/SELKS/wiki

Regards,
Peter Manev