Where to study self-reconfiguring modular robotics

Neil Desmond

Mar 27, 2012, 2:32:40 AM3/27/12
to Self-Reconfiguring and Modular Technology
Here are some universities for studying in the field of self-
reconfiguring modular robotics:

University of Southern California
Information Sciences Institute - Polymorphic Robotics Laboratory
http://www.isi.edu/robots/

University of Pennsylvania
Penn Engineering - GRASP Laboratory
https://www.grasp.upenn.edu/

Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Computer Science and Artificial Intelligence Laboratory - Center for
Robotics
http://www.csail.mit.edu/csailspotlights/RoboticsCenter

University of Southern Denmark
Modular Robotics Research Lab
http://modular.mmmi.sdu.dk/wiki/Main_Page

École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (Switzerland)
Modular Robotics Laboratory
http://biorob.epfl.ch/research/modular

Carnegie Mellon University
Claytronics Project
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~claytronics/

Cornell University
http://creativemachines.cornell.edu/research/stochastic/index.htm
http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/may05/selfrep.ws.html

Paradigmholdings

Mar 27, 2012, 12:05:32 PM3/27/12
to selfrecon...@googlegroups.com
So....what do you do with this list? There are many many people that are interested in what you are interested in. Are you planning anything like a research project with any or all of these schools?

Marty

Sent From The Lightest Recesses of My Mind

Neil Desmond

Mar 29, 2012, 8:56:49 AM3/29/12
to selfrecon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Marty, the purpose of this list is just to make anyone who is interested in the field aware of which academic facilities are involved in it.

I don't currently have any plans, but to any students or individuals interested in partnering with me on a research project, please join this Google group (if you haven't already) and contact me.

Thanks,
Neil

--
Neil Desmond