FW: Why South Sudan’s Children Are Fighting Again?

Self-Help News

Feb 15, 2015, 10:17:26 AM2/15/15
to self-he...@googlegroups.com

From: Self-Help News [mailto:selfhe...@ubol.com]
Sent: 15 February 2015 15:01
To: 'THELIGHT...@aol.com';
Subject: RE: Why South Sudan’s Children Are Fighting Again?

Greetings,

Your response is appreciated, which is to the point, practical, full of common-sense  in many aspects, but not yet realisable. A deep cry from a wounded heart. We are members of SADA because we are of the same Movement For Change.

This, Our Collective Struggle For Change, is bigger than card-carrying and fee-paying membership. It is largely about SOLIDARITY. Once we realised that, we should recognise that Our Collective Organisation is larger than first thought. Quality and Quantity.

Yet, as we cry, because we are feeling collective pains, we must speed the process of  reviewing our failures and successes of  the past and present. And we must learn from them. And we must be able to answer unambiguously the questions – ‘Why we failed?’. ‘Why we succeeded?’ And we must cultivate more fully, single-mindedness for bringing about changes for good, at whatever costs. Above all, we must be able to jettison ideas and plans proven to be ineffective. Be like the purity of a flowing stream, uncluttered by useless debris, potential for toxin.

If we are serious, we must embrace a sense of Higher Mission, demonstrated by the Rt. Honourable Marcus Mosiah Garvey and his Associates, during their time. COLLECTIVITY which created strong Afrikan shoulders, for Indigenous Afrikans and our Time-tested friends, those at home on the Continent and those abroad in the Afrikan Diaspora, resident Afrikans and none resident Afrikans. Strong Shoulders on which many of us are now standing upright and strong. With self-confidence, pride and self-esteem, as we gained better understanding and knowledge of SELF.

We noted and appreciated your call for focusing our efforts on substance, based on good and pure values, rather than skin pigmentations, race and ethnicities, in spite of our anger and frustrations.

At the same time, we recognise always our undeniable Afrikan protracted experiences of injustices at the hands of others. And with a clear knowledge of history, which evidenced the fact that those injustices only shifted when we fought back collectively, based on our own initiatives, often with the assistance of our Time-tested friends.

This is demonstrated during the pervasive Institution of Chattel Slavery, which grew on our Afrikan backs. Colonisation which sucked our Afrikan blood and stole our natural heritage. Jim Crow White Supremacist Saga, which gave birth to the American Civil Rights Movement, Apartheid which caused to be written in the annals of Afrikan Liberation Struggles’ the names of Winnie  Mandela and Nelson Mandela and many others, and now, New Colonisation, masquerading  largely as ‘Afrikan freedom and independence’.

As the Institution of Chattel Slavery, Colonisation, Jim Crow Laws and Apartheid threw up great Afrikan collective leadership, so will our contemporary era. This is because our responses are based on needs, and today there is no greater need for Indigenous Afrikans - residents and none residents, those  in Afrika and her Diaspora, to act collectively, even in diversity, for change, as was the case in the past.  We must learn to learn from one another. Put away false pride and arrogance. We all have something to teach and learn from the other. Wisdom and Humility walk together because they are friends.

We hear daily the call for ‘Afrikan Unity’, coming from the Global Indigenous Afrikan Community. Can we truly believe  our own call, when we are not examples of that unity. Our examples usually spoke louder than words. Can we send our soldiers  into battle without clear mission plan? If we did, how would they know when they were victorious?

Lest we forget to say and ensure that it is so, ‘Never Again’, as we continue to recognise and honouring Our Afrikan Shoulder Builders’ contributions, great Pan-Afrikanist giants and our Time-tested Friends, like those listed on the following Roll Call.

Editorial Collective

Self-Help News “Giving Voice to the Voiceless”

Roll Call of Afrikan Ancestors And Our Time-tested Friends

“In honour of our Ancestors and our Time-tested friends of the Twentieth and Twenty First Century. They held A Torch so that we could see more clearly. Now We stand on their shoulders.” Dr Vince Hines. 22nd February 2015

Folio

Name

Birth

Death

Place of Birth

Marcus Mosiah GARVEY

Jamaica, Caribbean

HIM Haile SELASSIE

Ethiopia, Afrika

Kwame NKRUMAH

Ghana, Afrika

Patrice LUMUMBA

Congo, Afrika

Amilcar CABRAL

Guinea-Bissau and Cape Is., Afrika

Queen Mother MORE

USA

Wangari MARTHAI

Kenya, Afrika

Samora Moises MACHEL

Mozambique, Afrika

Antonnio Agustinho NETO

Angola, Afrika

Moshood Kashima Olawale ABIOLA

Nigeria, Afrika

Dudley THOMPSON

Panama, Central America

Abubaka Tafawa BALEWA

Dec 1912

Nigeria, Afrika

Julius NYERERE

Tanzania, Afrika

Nelson Rolihlahla MANDELA

South Africa

Kwame TURE

Trinidad, Caribbean

William Edward Burkhardt DUBOIS (WEB Dubois)

USA

Muammar Muhammad Abu Minyar AL-GADDAFI

1942

Libya, Afrika

Steve BIKO

South Africa

El-Hajj Malik EL-SHABAZZ

USA

Martin Luther KING Jr

USA

Jomo KENYATTA

c1889

Kenya, Afrika

Claudia JONES

Trinidad, Caribbean

Rosa PARKS

USA

Joshua NKOMO

Zimbabwe, Afrika

Robert Mangaliso SOBUKWE

South Africa

Maurice BISHOP

Granada, Caribbean

Hosea KUTAKO

C1870

Namibia, Afrika

Cornelis Gerard Anton de KOM

Suriname, South America

Abdias do NASCIMENTO

Brazil, South America

Frantz FANON

Martinique, Caribbean

John Garang de MABIOR

Sudan – South, Afrika

Ahmed BENBELLA

Algeria, Afrika

Leopold Sedar SENGHOR

Senegal, Afrika

Ahmed SekouTOURE

Guinea, Afrika

Lenard HOWELL

Jamaica, Caribbean

Ndeh NTUMAZAH

1926

Cameroon, Afrika

Nnamdi AZIKIWE

Nigeria, Afrika

Huey Percy NEWTON

USA

George Lester JACKSON

USA

Ruth Nita BARROW

Barbados, Caribbean

Amy Ashwood GARVEY

Jamaica, Caribbean

Amy Jacques Garvey

Jamaica, Caribbean

Forbes BURNHAM

Guyana, South America

Norman MANLEY

Jamaica, Caribbean

Alexander BUSTAMANTE

Jamaica, Caribbean

Obi Benu EGDUNA

Nigeria, Afrika

Hubert Nathaniel  CRITCHLOW

1884

1958

Guyana, South America

Clement Osborne PAYNE

c1904

Barbados, Caribbean

Maya ANGELOU

USA

Elombe BRATH

C1937

USA

Elijah MUHAMMAD

USA

Ben Ammi BEN-ISRAEL

[Ben CARTER]

USA

Hugo CHEVEZ

  Venezuela, South America

Mao TSE-TUNG [Mao ZEDONG]

China

Grantly ADAMS

Barbados, Caribbean

Mary Eugenia CHARLES

Dominica, Caribbean

George PADMORE(Malcolm Ivan Nurse MEREDITH)

Trinidad and Tobago

Samuel MAHARERO

c1856

Namibia, Afrika

Walter Anthony RODNEY

Guyana, South America

Fannie Lou HAMER

USA

Thomas SANKARA

Burkina Faso, Afrika

Mohammed Abdullah HASSAN

Somalia, Afrika

Tubal Uriah “Buzz” BUTLER

Trinidad and Tobago

Cyril Lionel Robert JAMES[ [C.L.R. JAMES]

Trinidad and Tobago

Dorothy HEIGHT

USA

Robert Francis “Bobby” KENNEDY

USA

Joe SLAVO

South Africa

Anton Theodor Eberhard August LUBOWSKY

Namibia, Afrika

This is a list of Indigenous Afrikan Ancestors and Time-tested friends, included in the Afrika and Diaspora Global Festival of Arts and Cultures (Adgfac) Presentation, chaired by Dr Vince Hines, to be given on Sunday, 22nd February 2015, at the Vince Hines Foundation HQ Building, Everyone Active Acton Centre, 44 High Street, London, England.

The Foundation is hosting the Event, as one of the members of the Global Collective supporting Adgfac Mission for Namibia  in 2017, and consistently at three-four year intervals, over thirty years, with an option to extent for another twenty years. Namibia government endorsed and welcome this great Afrikan initiative.

This event marked the formal public launch of Adgfac Project, after which the Presentation will be available on video format for distributions  globally. Expressions of interests are welcome.

Any inquiry to:

cm...@adgfac.com  www.adgfac.com

Zulu MultiMedia for Adgfac © 2015. E-mail: zu...@ubol.com