FW: Slavery began in the 1300s not 1441! The Truth About Slavery and The Canary Islands

Self-Help News

Jul 28, 2015, 7:51:12 AM7/28/15
to mandingo Mandingo, ankh...@hotmail.co.uk, self-he...@googlegroups.com

The  curtain is drawn wider and more revelations are coming to the surface.

From: ankh...@hotmail.co.uk
To: mandin...@live.com
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 17:03:46 +0100

Bless

From: mandin...@live.com
To: ankh...@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 16:08:23 +0100

THANKS.YOU ARE RIGHT BECAUSE I HAVE KNOWN FOR MANY MANY YEARS THAT THE SPANISH ENSLAVED OUR AFRIKAN ANCESTORS AND FORCED THEM TO CULTIVATE SUGAR CANE AND MAKE SUGAR IN THE CANARY ISLANDS.THEY DID THE SAME WITH OUR PEOPLE IN SPAIN IN THE SUNNY SOUTH.

WHEN I GET A CHANCE TO READ YOUR ESSAY I WILL RESPOND FULLY.

MANDINGO

From: ankh...@hotmail.co.uk
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:28:48 +0100

IF YOU LOVE TRUTH PLEASE SHARE

The Truth About Slavery and The Canary Islands

In light of the BBC 2 tv program on slavery last night (23/07/2015) I would like to share some thoughts with you. One of the sad things about understanding the period of slavery is that Black/African historians (especially those following Eurocentic curriculums across the world, and are guided by European scholarship in their research) often only read the books put out by the mainstream European historians (PR books aka Apologists) and only follow the generally accepted thread of thoughts and arguments. Those who dare to operate outside of the European model are heavily ostracised therefore leaving those of us wanting to know the truth unsure and unaware of how to interpret the events of the past or where to look for alternative sources.

For example the generally accepted date of the enslavement of our African ancestors is 1441. This is a grave error made as a result of following the mainstream approach to deliberately misguide people and misrepresent the truth about this period so that those who have been conquered by Europeans cannot know the roots causes of the problems and only deal with the symptoms never the root causes. The actual enslavement of our ancestors began as early as the 1330's in the Canary islands (Tenerife, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote, La Palma, La Gomera and El Hierro. The archipelago also includes a number of islets: La Graciosa, Alegranza, Isla de Lobos, Montaña Clara, Roque del Oeste and Roque del Este). I have recently spoken to several historians and they are totally unaware of this fact. Only one historian had a slight inkling and put the date at 1440 - following the error made by several leading Caribbean historians who are also unaware that the peoples of these islands were Africans not Europeans (as portrayed by mainstream media). Of course they are unaware because the genocide of the original inhabitants.

I am a lover of truth, so let’s dig a little deeper.

Before European Monarchs went on wars and invasions of other countries they had to be given a Papal Bull by the Pope who was Europe’s most political and spiritual figure at the time. It was a legal document to grant the permission to make war against native people as said by Pope Eugenius IV (4) Papal Bull of 1418 declared “…and to the destruction and confusion of the moors” (at this period in history the term moor was used to refer to Africans, whether Berbers, from Senegambia, the Canary Islands or in Central Africa).  These documents which are in the pubic domain should be used by the REPARATION MOVEMENTS, CARICOM and by African historians to show our people the nature of the contents of the papal bulls and the manner in which they were used to destroy us and other native peoples.

Lets continue…

Pope Clement VI granted Don Luis a Papal Bull in 1334 to conquer the Fortunate Islands i.e. Canary Islands. Again in 1341 the kingdom of Portugal sent a three ship spy expedition to map out the islands of the Canary and their African inhabitants; known as the ‘Gaunches  (a Latinised form of the original indigenous African name, the word, ‘Gaunches’ is very similar to the term ‘Guans’ a group in Ghana). In any case the inhabitants are described in original documents as the same ancestry of the Berbers of North Africa. (Please note that today’s Berbers have been mixed with the blood of the Romans, Vikings, vandals and all the other European conquerors who had come to conquer North Africa, thus changing their original complexion and dna) "... In 1344, the Castilian-French noble Luis de la Cerda (Count of Clermont and Admiral of France ....submitted a proposal to Pope Clement VI, offering the Church the more palatable vision of conquering the islands and converting the native Canarians to Christianity.[6] In November 1344, Pope Clement VI issued the bull Tu devonitis sinceritas granting the Canary islands in perpetuity to Luis de la Cerda and bestowing upon him the title of sovereign "Prince of Fortuna". The pope followed this up with another bull, in January 1345, giving the projected Cerda-led conquest and conversion of the islands the character of a crusade,..." Source wikipedia. I know most of us do not rate wikipedia neither did I until I read through some articles that led to some excellent book sources. If we take into account the last war of all the Canary islands which ended in 1496 then the resistance wars had carried on for 155 years. Why don't we know this? Why don't we celebrate these wars of liberation which are described in great detail?

Reading the Papal Bulls issues by the popes on the enslavement of Africans in the Canary tells us a number of things including: African historians have done no research in this area, and they merely regurgitate the deliberate conditioned history written by European historians/professors meant to confuse us so that we cannot understand the past properly, or the root causes of our current predicament. African historians also believe the people we see today in the Canary islands are the original people this also serves to take their attention away from research in this area. However after the islands and its people had been conquered after the 155+ year war of resistance to stop the Europeans enslaving the people, stealing their lands and possessions - the people that had been decimated on those islands were replaced by Europeans i.e. Norman and Castilian (Spanish) settlers to replenish the islands. These are the people we see today – descendants of the invaders. The various papal bulls offer us much more insight and should be read by all.

We should take time to read the chronicles written at the time, by people who were there and who describe the original inhabitants (Africans), along with other sources, if we are too truly understand OURSTORY and the true nature of what has taken place in the past, the symptoms of which still lives with us. So I would like to suggest some books to clarify this matter. Most of them are in the public domain and are now FREE to download:

BOOKS:

1 The history of the discovery and conquest of the Canary Islands: tranflated from a Spanish manuscript, lately found in the ifland of Palma. With an enquiry into the origin of the ancient inhabitants. To which is added, a defcription of the Canary Islands, including the modern history of the inhabitants, and an account of their manners, customs, trade, etc…. by George Glas

https://archive.org/details/bub_gb_DvPmAAAAMAAJ

2 Some account of the Island of Teneriffe and its Inhabitants, at the time of the Spanish Conquest; taken from the "History of the Discovery and Conquest of the Canary Islands, by George Glas; and the "Histoire Naturelle des îles Canaries," by Barker Webb and Sabin Berthollet.

https://archive.org/details/jstor-3014343

3 The Guanches of Tenerife, the holy image of Our Lady of Candelaria, and the Spanish conquest and settlement

https://archive.org/details/guanchestenerif00markgoog

4 The Canarian : or, Book of the conquest and conversion of the Canarians in the year 1402 by Messire Jean de Bethencourt, Kt.

https://archive.org/details/canarianorbookof00bont_0

5 Slavery Catholic Church - John Francis Maxwell (this author was granted rare access to the Vatican library; he describes the people of the Canary Islands as African) http://anthonyflood.com/maxwellslaverycatholicchurch.pdf

6 Precedent for the New World: The Spanish Conquest of the Canary Islands by John Connor

http://theanarchistlibrary.org/library/john-connor-precedent-for-the-new-world-the-spanish-conquest-of-the-canary-islands

7 Prince Henry the Navigator Paperback – by Sir Peter Russell

http://www.amazon.com/Prince-Henry-Navigator-Peter-Russell/dp/0300091303

8 Ancient mtDNA analysis and the origin of the Gaunches

http://www.nature.com/ejhg/journal/v12/n2/full/5201075a.html

9 The Canary Islands After The Conquest - The Making of A Colonial Society In The Early Sixteenth Century by Felipe Fernandez Armesto

http://www.amazon.com/The-Canary-Islands-after-Conquest/dp/0198218885

10 The Canary Islanders: their prehistory, conquest and survival by John Mercer

http://www.amazon.com/Canary-Islanders-Prehistory-Conquest-Survival/dp/0860361268

11 THE INVENTION OF CANARIAN PREHISTORY IN THE

19TH CENTURY: THE EUROPEAN CONTEXT

by A. José Farrujia de la Rosa

https://www.academia.edu/5605974/The_invention_of_Canarian_Prehistory_in_the_19th_Century_the_European_context

12 Archaeology, Politics and Identity. The Case of the Canary Islands in the Nineteenth-Century by José Farrujia de la Rosa

13 The Discovery and Conquest of Guinea - Vol 1 & 2

https://archive.org/details/chroniclediscov00presgoog

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/35738?msg=welcome_stranger

The Chronicle of the Discovery and Conquest of Guinea Vol. II

https://archive.org/details/thechronicleofth35764gut

14 Europeans In West Africa 1450-1560 - Vol 1 & 2

https://archive.org/details/EuropeansInWestAfrica14501560

15 The Voyages of Cadamosto and Other Documents on Western Africa in the Second Half of the Fifteenth Century (Hakluyt Society Second Series)

http://www.amazon.com/Voyages-Cadamosto-Documents-Western-Fifteenth/dp/1409414477

https://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/10803?msg=welcome_stranger

16 The Pageant of Ghana by Freda Wolfson

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pageant-Ghana-West-African-history/dp/B0007ISRPA/ref=sr_1_1_twi_2_unk_twi_2_har/277-8217829-4222337?ie=UTF8&qid=1437654536&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Pageant+of+Ghana+by+Freda+Wolfson

17 A General History And Collection of Voyages And Travels, Arranged In Systematic Order by Robert Kerr

https://www.nauticus.org/sites/default/files/RobertKerrAGeneralHistoryandCollectionofVoyagesandTravelsVol2.pdf

18 Portuguese Sea Bourne Empire by Charles Boxer

http://www.amazon.com/Portuguese-Seaborne-Empire-C-R-Boxer/dp/0856359629

These are groundation books. If you have difficulty getting any of these books please inbox me.

A list of all the Papal Bulls can be found in:

Note these are in Portuguese but please still download these documents

Monumenta Henricina Volume I

https://archive.org/details/bub_gb_JL_IU1hpmsIC

Monumenta Henricina Volume VII 14391443

https://archive.org/details/bub_gb_Bt7SF6yubNAC

Monumenta Henricina, Volume IV 14311434

https://archive.org/details/bub_gb_Nm57OK2359kC

The Canary Islands which are roughly 1000 miles across the Atlantic Ocean on the west coast of Africa were the preparation grounds and model for the wars that Europeans led against the Africans on the west coast of Africa (and other parts); to steal lands, rob people, enslave people, and murder people with a sword, Jesus and a God travelling on ships carrying bishops, mercenaries and pirates i.e. crusaders etc. The same tactics were used to kill and plunder the lands of the west coast of Africa. Many of the inhabitants of the Canary Islands and the peoples of West Africa would end up in the slave markets of Europe (Lisbon, Lagos, Venice etc) on auction blocks some worked in Europe as slaves, some were lateron sold to the Americas.

Remember at this point in history no African king gave any Europeans any war captives as slaves to be sold.  For over 200 years the Portuguese had colonised the West Coast of Africa and likewise the Spanish Canary Islands. These Europeans would for over 200 years create the basis that led to the breakdown of African civilisations i.e. instigating wars via false propaganda and fanning tribal animosities by supplying guns for one group to fight the other, so that any time there was a war the defeated groups were captured and marched to the coast to pay for the guns etc. It took over 200 years before some African kings broke under the pressure of European warfare and gave their power to Europe by engaging in the unholy sale of Africans to Europeans. Of course we applaud those African Kings and people that stood their ground and refused to take part in this devilish trade.

Read the books above particularly the Chronicles.

IF YOU WANT PEACE OF MIND SEARCH FOR THE TRUTH…THE REST IS UP TO YOU.

Ankhobia