British Social History Series: "Developing British social structures for the greater good"

Self-Help News

Jul 1, 2015, 3:11:16 PM7/1/15
to Self-Help News

Greetings All,

As we draw near in the UK to Afrikan History Month, during October and the preparations for the historic Exhibition of “TRIUMPH  OF THE GRASSROOTS –  Forty Years of Contributions to British Social History 1972-2012”, hosted by, and mounted at, the University of London, at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), between October to December 2015, we are releasing the first of several historical documentaries, charting some of the contributions of African and Commonwealth immigrants to Britain during the 1960s and their lasting influences to making multi-cultural Britain a much better place for all in the twenty first century.

The subject here is the work of two pioneering journalists – Vince Hines, Jamaican born and Lionel Morrison, South African Born, current British settlers.

Theme: “Developing British social structures for the greater good”

Editorial Collective

Self-Help News “Giving Voice to the Voiceless”

Lionel Morrison and Vince Hines Pioneering journalists.pdf