ChromeDriver file upload - workaround?

Carol Mirakove

Jul 20, 2011, 7:57:15 PM7/20/11
to Selenium Users
Hello!

I am experiencing a file upload error with ChromeDriver (using Chrome
12) that I am not experiencing with Firefox
(backtrace: https://gist.github.com/1096202).

This led me to find the following bug report and patch on the subject:
http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1725&q=chrome%20file%20upload
I understand this correctly, the patch is applicable not only to
chromedriver but also to Chrome 14.

Now, there is a known bug in chromedriver with Chrome 14 that causes
text assertions to fail (
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6591106/watir-webdriver-text-includeexpected-text-doesnt-work-in-chrome-browser
). So, is it true that if your tests include text assertions (which
rules out using Chrome 14) AND file uploads (which requires a patched
Chrome 14) then you can't use chromedriver? Or has anyone devised a
workaround?

Thanks!
Carol

MS

Aug 11, 2011, 6:28:01 PM8/11/11
to Selenium Users
i need help with this. Not working for me. s there any example anybody
can share to do this?

On Jul 20, 4:57 pm, Carol Mirakove <cmirak...@change.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am experiencing a file upload error with ChromeDriver (using Chrome
> 12) that I am not experiencing with Firefox
> (backtrace:https://gist.github.com/1096202).
>
> This led me to find the following bug report and patch on the subject:http://code.google.com/p/selenium/issues/detail?id=1725&q=chrome%20fi...
> I understand this correctly, the patch is applicable not only to
> chromedriver but also to Chrome 14.
>
> Now, there is a known bug in chromedriver with Chrome 14 that causes
> text assertions to fail (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6591106/watir-webdriver-text-inclu...

Yuping Zhong

Aug 12, 2011, 11:22:05 AM8/12/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Pls update your chrome driver and try again. Assert the text exists issue should be fixed in the newest chrome driver.

MS

Aug 12, 2011, 1:33:50 PM8/12/11
to Selenium Users
I downloaded the latest driver and browser yesterday only. Pleas share
an example if anybody has done it. I really need that.

Thanks,
MS