Docker container cannot resolve host on first try

Ian Pascoe

Jan 24, 2023, 8:42:00 AM1/24/23
to Selenium Users
I am using standalone chrome docker container and it cannot resolve the URL I am trying to reach on the first try. It always times out. Then when I refresh it reloads and is able to navigate successfully.

Specs:
selenium/standalone-chrome:4.8.0
RHEL 7.9
Docker 20.10.23-3
Containerd 1.6.15-3

We are behind a corporate proxy but I am trying to reach a website on the localhost. Proxy settings are set correctly.

Any ideas would be appreciated since the failure on initial navigation is causing my tests to fail, there is no good way of doing a retry.