SessionNotCreatedException _only_ in CI

SiKing

Jun 28, 2024, 11:39:53 AM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Selenium Users
We have approximately 100 tests that have to hit half-dozen different systems. I am using Maven (Surefire is configured to run 2C non-reusable forks) and JUnit to run everything. All code is very simple, I do not believe in some fancy wrappers.
When I run my tests on local machine all tests pass on the first try. Every time.

We also run our tests in CI: GitLab pipelines. I am using this guide to configure a remote chrome driver. Very often (about 4/5 runs) portion of our tests (maybe 1/4) fail with SessionNotCreatedException. I do not know how I would even begin to debug this problem. I am hoping the community here would be able to give me some ideas / pointers.

TIA.

SiKing

Jun 28, 2024, 12:15:35 PM (5 days ago) Jun 28
to Selenium Users
I should have also added:
  • we are using WebDriverManager to ensure correctly matched chrome browser and chrome driver
  • the Docker image (from the linked guide) uses latest chrome version
  • and I try to update to latest Selenium whenever it is released
The only Chrome options that I am using are:
--headless=new
--window-size=1200,1100
--disable-dev-shm-usage