Selenium RC will not launch Firefox 8

Dayspring Technologies, Inc.

Nov 8, 2011, 3:57:17 PM11/8/11
to Selenium Users
Today Firefox updated itself to version 8. When I try to run my
Selenium tests through the Selenium RC, it will launch the first
instance of Firefox (the one that logs the Selenium commands) but will
never launch the actual testing window. So the tests will never run. I
am using version 2.11.0 of Selenium RC.

I reverted to Firefox 7 and the windows will launch fine, and the
tests will run.

I don't know where to start troubleshooting so I apologize if this is
not the right place. If anyone can tell me that they are running
Selenium RC with Firefox 8 in another situation that might help. Or
let me know what to try or what to check. I am using PHPUnit to write
my tests and the Selenium extension.

Luke Inman-Semerau

Nov 8, 2011, 5:33:50 PM11/8/11
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
It's known about... there's a fix in trunk, you'll need the next release (2.12.0) when it comes out (soon).

Dayspring Technologies, Inc.

Nov 8, 2011, 5:56:54 PM11/8/11
to Selenium Users
Thank you!