firefox or chrome for arm cloud computers

mytrick stuff

May 7, 2022, 4:09:01 AM5/7/22
to Selenium Users
can i get docker file for firefox or chrome to run on arm with novnc enable

Scott Babcock

May 11, 2022, 2:21:45 AM5/11/22
to Selenium Users
I have Arch Linux installed on my Android phone (aarch64), and came pre-loaded with Firefox. There's a geckodriver package that's an easy install, and I'm up and running Selenium Java automation on a 7-inch screen.
I suspect you could set up something similar in Docker.

David

May 13, 2022, 4:07:17 PM5/13/22
to Selenium Users
Is the purpose to test on ARM platforms specifically or it just happens that the hardware being used for the test automation is ARM?

If the latter, there may be ways to have it run x86-64 instead, for example on the new Apple silicon Macs: https://edofic.com/posts/2021-09-12-podman-m1-amd64/

If the former, you might need to build your own ARM images if what's publicly available doesn't work. But I do see this you can try: https://github.com/SeleniumHQ/docker-selenium#experimental-mult-arch-aarch64armhfamd64-images, which points to https://github.com/seleniumhq-community/docker-seleniarm.