Selenium RC 2.4 stuck at launching Firefox 29 (headless by xvfb)

Jasper Schulz

Jun 6, 2014, 5:55:52 AM6/6/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

my goal is to setup selenium rc to run a headless firefox 29 on a Ubuntu 12.04 (server version). I'm doing that by running the following command by hudson:

xvfb-run --server-args="-screen 2 1024x768x24" java -jar selenium-server.jar -firefoxProfileTemplate profile/19vcecqr.customProfile/ -htmlSuite "*firefox /usr/lib/firefox/firefox" http://website/ testsuite.html results.html

But the selenium standalone process keeps saying "Launching Firefox..." until I stop the whole process. But launching Firefox itself seems to be working.

Doing the same thing on my local desktop machine (also ubuntu 12.04) works.

Any ideas how to solve this problem?

Tadas Šubonis

Sep 16, 2014, 7:07:58 AM9/16/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I think I have the same problem. Have you managed to get that working? My system is 14.04 LTS with firefox 32.