Selenium 4.6.0 automatically closes browser on process end

Cosmin Poieană

Nov 29, 2022, 8:33:51 AM11/29/22
to Selenium Users
Hi,

According to this Issue comment, we at Robocorp use the Selenium library into our own rpaframework and we noticed that starting with 4.6.0 version, the browser window gets closed when the process finishes even if we don't close/cleanup it un purpose.

With 4.5.0 everything works just as before and we made sure we use the same webdriver (with webdriver-manager) so it feels like a logic regression rather than a Selenium manager implied one.

Can you give us more details on what changed there in terms of browser auto-closing and/or window/process cleanup/teardown? Thank you!