Unable to download .jnlp with Chromedriver

Tasagore Seibei

May 21, 2022, 12:35:00 AM5/21/22
to Selenium Users
Hi

I'm testing a website that need to download a .jnlp file but Chrome always shows a warning message (this file can't damage your computer...) so I can't continue with the process. I can click and force download manually but I need to do it from Selenium (I'm using Seleniumbasic for VBA).

Is there any way to override that option or use selenium to click in "download" in that warning message?

I've read that this can be partially fixed adjusting chrome to ask for the download path but I can't find the Chrome.SetPreference value for that, all I can find is about change the default download path, that doesn't works.

Any idea?

SuperKevy

May 21, 2022, 9:58:20 PM5/21/22
to Selenium Users
Read: https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/24751883/how-to-disable-this-file-may-harm-your-computer?hl=en
How to disable "This file may harm your computer"  on Chrome settings, under 'Other Google services' turns off the switch Safe Browsing.