SafariDriver synchronization to releases of the Selenium project

Paul B

Aug 3, 2015, 1:23:16 PM8/3/15
to Selenium Users
Hi,

I tried to use the SafariDriver, I installed the plugin and try to run a test but I could not make it work. Unfortunately I had the common error :

[ 0.007s] [safaridriver.client] Requesting connection at ws://localhost:xxxxx…
[ 2.513s] [safaridriver.client] Unable to establish a connection with the SafariDriver

I saw that there are several issues with this driver, even if many people seems to make it work...

I would ask you today if there will be new release of this driver ?
Since IEWebDriver releases are synchronized with the selenium project, what is the strategy for SafariDriver releases ?

Thanks and regards.
Paul