Webdriver 3 firefox Implicit Wait exception

Aidan Mc Donnell

Feb 24, 2017, 8:25:55 AM2/24/17
to Selenium Users
Hey All

Changing over to Webdriver 3 has been a nightmare.

I'm now getting an Exception when trying to set an Implicit Wait time.

See the details below.

Environment:

FireFox version:51.0.1
WebDriver Version: 3.2.0
Gecko Driver version:0.13.0

Code:

FirefoxOptions foptions = new FirefoxOptions();
foptions
.SetPreference("marionette",true);
foptions
.LogLevel = FirefoxDriverLogLevel.Trace;
_driver
= new FirefoxDriver(FirefoxDriverService.CreateDefaultService(), foptions,
TimeSpan.FromSeconds(30));
_driver
.Manage().Window.Maximize();
_driver
.Manage().Cookies.DeleteAllCookies();
driver
.Manage().Timeouts().ImplicitWait = TimeSpan.FromSeconds(50);

Exception:

System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled by user code

HResult=-2146233079

Message=Missing 'type' parameter (IndexOutOfBounds)

Source=WebDriver

StackTrace:
        at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.UnpackAndThrowOnError(Response errorResponse)
        at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.Execute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`2 parameters)
        at OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteWebDriver.InternalExecute(String driverCommandToExecute, Dictionary`
2 parameters)
        at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteTimeouts.ExecuteSetTimeout(String timeoutType, TimeSpan timeToWait)
        at
OpenQA.Selenium.Remote.RemoteTimeouts.ImplicitlyWait(TimeSpan timeToWait)

Andreas Tolfsen

Feb 24, 2017, 8:46:13 AM2/24/17
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Also sprach Aidan Mc Donnell <aidan.m...@gmail.com>:

> I'm now getting an Exception when trying to set an Implicit Wait
> time.

> Exception:
>
> System.InvalidOperationException was unhandled by user code
>   HResult=-2146233079
>   Message=Missing 'type' parameter (IndexOutOfBounds)

I triaged this yesterday from a bug report to geckodriver, and could
confirm that it’s a bug with geckodriver:

https://github.com/mozilla/geckodriver/issues/486#issuecomment-282089517

Aidan Mc Donnell

Feb 24, 2017, 9:50:30 AM2/24/17
to Selenium Users
Thanks for the confirm Andreas

I though so just couldn't find some one to ask : )

Aidan