Compare webdriver version with browser

Marcel Schleicher

Jan 10, 2022, 9:11:07 AM1/10/22
to Selenium Users
Hi there,

I use VBA with Selenium basic to steer chrome browser.
Since it is deployed we have the situation that chrome gets an automated update and versions of webdriver and chrome doesn't match.
Unfortunately I found no way to retrieve webdriver and chrome version numbers. Is there a way to retrieve both version numbers using VBA?

Warm regards

Marcel Schleicher

Jan 11, 2022, 7:49:34 AM1/11/22
to Selenium Users
I did a comparison with a filesystem object (edge and webdriver)

Don Leverton

Jul 6, 2022, 10:42:06 PM7/6/22
to Selenium Users
I found a cool way to ensure that ChromeDriver version always matches Chrome Browser version.
I run this code in Microsoft Access VBA when my switchboard form loads.

Code available here:
(Courtesy Jesper Martin Schumacher)