how to use send_keys for a Kendo UI numeric text entry box from python

Bruce Hecht

Oct 19, 2021, 11:18:54 PM10/19/21
to Selenium Users
Hello,
I have a selenium webdriver (in Chrome) controlled from python.
I would like to modify a numeric entry box.

the source displays:
jQuery(function(){jQuery("#mydata").kendoNumericTextBox({"format":"n3"});});

I find the element By.Name with selenium:

import time
from selenium import webdriver
from selenium.webdriver.support.ui import WebDriverWait
from selenium.webdriver.support import expected_conditions as EC
from selenium.webdriver.support.relative_locator import locate_with
driver = webdriver.Chrome()
driver.get("https://mywebpage")
element = driver.find_element(By.ID, "mydatafield")
element.send_keys('5')

the send_keys gives an error:
ElementNotInteractableException: Message: element not interactable

thank you!