Selenium Customizing a Node

Aakash Shahi

May 8, 2024, 4:08:02 AMMay 8
to Selenium Users
I am trying to customize a node to capture the network logs of tests from the custom node side. If any test is running on the node, I want to save those network logs. I tried using BrowserMob but got blank logs.

Krishnan Mahadevan

May 8, 2024, 9:39:30 AMMay 8
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Aakash,

I am not sure I quite understand as to why do you need to be customising your node to just plugin in a proxy server to get hold of your request/response traffic information.

You should be using BrowserMob proxy to create a proxy server (I believe it has RestFul api endpoints that lets you create proxy server instances on the fly) and then set the host/port combo as a proxy server in your desired capabilities when you instantiate a RemoteWebDriver.

After that, it would just boil down to getting your network traffic as a harfile from BrowserMobProxy.

The only thing you need to ensure is that there’s connectivity between the server that hosts the BMP server and the server that hosts the Selenium node.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/