Selenium script stopped working after 9th May 2023

Amit Rajput

Jun 6, 2023, 4:01:04 AM6/6/23
to Selenium Users
Hi,
selenium script stopped working while there is no change in the application code.
The last time script ran successfully was on 9th May 2023 and I triggered it again on 12th May 2023 and it started throwing java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException. I am getting this exception whenever the script tries to do any operation on any element of the page.

I have tried the below actions in order to resolve the issue but nothing worked
1. Upgrading to the latest selenium version from 4.8.2 to 4.9.1
2. javascript click
3. click on an element using the actions class

can someone help me with this issue?

please note, there has been no change in the application code as well as in the selenium script.

Sergio Andrés Herrera Velásquez Herrera

Jun 8, 2023, 1:05:10 AM6/8/23
to Selenium Users
While I have no idea if it may work using Java, in python it does have to do more with the cache of the environment-virtual environment in python's case , as well as the environment in itself, clearing that may be the case, either on the browser being automated or the language cache in itself.

Amit Rajput

Jun 14, 2023, 9:12:38 AM6/14/23
to Selenium Users
I am still unable to figure out the root cause of the issue.
It waits a few minutes on the find locator command i.e. driver.findElement(By.xpath("//div[@id='admin-menu']/ul//li[9]")) and throws
org.openqa.selenium.TimeoutException:   java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException.
It is not able to locate any element of the page while page DOM is loaded and xpath is also correct. there was no issue earlier in the same script.
This issue is limited to only one web page while on other pages script is running fine. It is much appreciated if anyone understands the issue and can suggest something to fix it.

praveen kumar cherukuri

Jun 14, 2023, 10:27:49 AM6/14/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Have you noted any change in the browser version?
There could be some browser automatic updates that have happened.

Try to downgrade to previous version of browser or upgrade the chromedriver.exe (if you are not using webdriver-manager maven plugin)

Amit Rajput

Jun 16, 2023, 11:12:48 AM6/16/23
to Selenium Users
Hello Praveen, we use  webdriver-manager maven plugin.
I have tried to run tests on Chrome, Edge, and firefox browsers. The same issue occurs on these browsers.