Re: sendKeys doesn't trigger javascript event on iPad

David

Feb 11, 2013, 7:17:27 PM2/11/13
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Can you manually fire onchange event as workaround? Check for browser/driver being iphone/ipad and if so, follow the sendKeys command w/ executing a javascript onchange event trigger call manually. That's not realistic in terms of UI flow, but could be a workaround for now.

On Monday, February 11, 2013 12:49:52 PM UTC-8, aus...@airspringsoftware.com wrote:
We have an input box on the page and a javascript event tied to onchange.
Making a call to sendKeys() on the input box and the onchange event should fire.
I have tested this with a ChromeDriver and it works flawlessly. I have also tested it on an Android device with a RemoteWebDriver and it also works flawlessly.

The problem comes from a RemoteWebDriver on IPad. onchange never fires when using sendKeys().

At this point, I'm out of ideas. Anyone got any of their own or notice something I overlooked?

Thanks a lot,
Austin