Third supported browser on RHEL 8?

Larry Menard

Nov 23, 2022, 10:55:24 AM11/23/22
to Selenium Users
   Hi.

   I've been using Selenium WebDriver to drive java-based tests for years.  When I recently upgraded to 4.6.0 I found that Opera is no longer supported.  That puts me in a bit of a pickle.

   I need these tests to run on RedHat Linux 8 as well as Windows, and some of these tests require three different browsers to run simultaneously.

   With the loss of Opera, unless I'm mistaken, I no longer have three different supported browsers on Linux; all I have is Chrome and Firefox.

   Selenium's Supported Browsers web page says Safari is supported, but it is not supported on RedHat 8, even via WINE.

   In the meantime I've downgraded Selenium to 4.4.0, but does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get a third browser to work on RedHat 8?

   Thanks.

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Nov 23, 2022, 10:57:34 AM11/23/22
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
It says here that you can install edge on RHEL : https://www.how2shout.com/linux/install-microsoft-edge-on-linux/
Have you tried it?

I noticed that the edge driver is available for download on Linux as well. https://www.how2shout.com/linux/install-microsoft-edge-on-linux/

Maybe you can give it a try?

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/

Larry Menard

Nov 23, 2022, 11:43:04 AM11/23/22
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
   Hi Krishnan

   Thanks for the pointer, I've now successfully installed Edge on RedHat 8.  But I don't see a Selenium driver for Linux, only for Windows.

   Am I missing something?

--
Larry Menard
"Defender of Geese and of All Things Natural"

Larry Menard

Nov 23, 2022, 11:52:36 AM11/23/22
to Selenium Users
   Oops, yes I do see the Linux driver.  I'll give it a try.  Thanks again.

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

Nov 23, 2022, 11:59:35 AM11/23/22
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Are you referring to the edgedriver binary that is needed by selenium to talk to Edge browser?

I guess due to a copy paste error, I didnt share this link earlier properly. Please check if that helps.