How to print log from Grid nodes

Peiming Wang

Jun 4, 2023, 12:29:35 AM6/4/23
to Selenium Users
Hi guys,

I did a lot of research but unfortunately can't find a proper answer. My goal is to print a log just like "console.log('this is the message I want to see')" in Grid node.

I use the docker approach to start the grid hub/node, my docker compose file as below, basically nothing special but a normal yml to start hub and node.
```
version: "3"
services:

  chrome:
    image: selenium/node-chrome:4.1.4-20220427
    shm_size: 2gb
    depends_on:
      - selenium-hub
    environment:
      - SE_EVENT_BUS_HOST=selenium-hub
      - SE_EVENT_BUS_PUBLISH_PORT=4442
      - SE_EVENT_BUS_SUBSCRIBE_PORT=4443
      - SE_NODE_MAX_INSTANCES=4
      - SE_NODE_MAX_SESSIONS=1
      - SE_ENABLE_TRACING=true

  selenium-hub:
    image: selenium/hub:4.1.4-20220427
    container_name: selenium-hub
    ports:
      - "4442:4442"
      - "4443:4443"
      - "4444:4444"
```
During the node's execution, I want to print out some log message so that it would be easy for me to debug and diagnose any issues. I don't need Jaeger UI such advanced toll but just simple log. Well, if simple log can only be shown in Jaeger UI, it's also fine.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Paul