How to click on a link using selenium/windows explorer/python

Rajan Subramanian

Jan 8, 2018, 2:57:00 PM1/8/18
to Selenium Users
Hello all, I have a problem.  I need to automate the downloading of some files for research purposes.  I managed to use selenium to hover over the elements and click on the final link to view the files.  Unfortunately, I need to click on each zipped file,which is a link, and download the files with a csv format in it.  When I click on the link, I get a "do you want to open or save" dialog box.  Im not sure how to use selenium to hover over the native tabs.  I researched and saw one can use auto IT to do this.  But im having trouble putting the two together.  If anyone can help, would appreciate it.  thanks.  Or, is there a way to use wget or urllib to get the files?  When I hover over the links, I see a url pop up.  Following is the url.

https://markets.midwestiso.org/MISO/getSettlementStatementFile?entity=CORP_SUB3&nodeId=key0

Note, you can't access the link as its secured.  is there a way for me to perhaps bring the contents of the link into python?