Workday Testing Automation with Selenium

Jessica Gukasov

Dec 1, 2023, 12:58:24 AM12/1/23
to Selenium Users
Does anyone have experience of using Selenium with Workday? Any insights to setting this up from scratch? What are your recommendations for setting up for how to do best do this and additional tools to use with selenium?  What is your recommended framework? Thanks!

amit kshatriya

Dec 6, 2023, 10:00:23 PM12/6/23
to Selenium Users
Automating workday application should not be any different than any other web app. What challenges are you foreceeing?

Jessica Gukasov

Dec 7, 2023, 2:18:24 PM12/7/23
to Selenium Users
Not so much forseeing challenges as just wondering what is the best tools/technology stack, scripting language etc. you have used to automate workday with selenium.

David

Dec 9, 2023, 8:39:02 PM12/9/23
to Selenium Users

I don't think tools, tech stack, or programming/scripting language matters here with respect to automating Workday. Any language, any tool, any test framework will do, choose what you are familiar or what seems easy to learn.

Rather I would envision what makes more sense to discuss is what techniques or methods of automation does one do interfacing with Workday. For example:

* how would you model the automation around specific UI pages or components/widgets in Workday (e.g. what kind of page object model implementation, or other type of modeling)
* how would you model/define the element locators of the elements within Workday UI (any tips/tricks to deal with tricky to identify elements)
* how would you handle specific features in Workday, that might have issues automating directly with Selenium APIs, like where you have to workaround by executing javascript code to invoke the desired functionality

those are certainly things that are more specific to Workday, and less so a generic problem of any web app.

Jessica Gukasov

Dec 11, 2023, 7:50:34 AM12/11/23
to Selenium Users
Yes, this is exactly the types of things I am wondering.  If anyone has any insights on techniques, methods, etc. that would be great.