c# - sendKeys : accesss denied

Nortier David

Nov 16, 2023, 8:15:32 AM11/16/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Olà

I’ve a test who sends a message with an attachment

For this one, I must type the full path of my pdf file in a dialog box  : SendKeys.SendWait(path + {ENTER})

The security on the drive (path) is “Everyone fuul control”

The instuction Sendkeys.Sendwait throws an error : access denied !

Some help ‘ll be very appreciated 😊

  David

( 1583

====== DISCLAIMER ======

https://www.cph.be/maildisclaimer

SuperKevy

Nov 16, 2023, 12:43:50 PM11/16/23
to Selenium Users
What is your path statement looking like?

Nortier David

Nov 17, 2023, 3:14:05 AM11/17/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hello

Just D:\Tests_journaliers\TFS

I ‘ve tested another path : \\SRVXXX\Commun\MyCPH Web\Tests\Tests_journaliers

Idem

Nov 17, 2023, 1:34:25 PM11/17/23
to Selenium Users
Yep, single slash is creating an escape char.   Consider \\ where they occur.

On Windows, the backslashes in a file path must always be escaped. For example:

    strFileToOpen = "C:\\Tmp\\notecase_tmp.txt"

But on recent versions of Windows, you may optionally use the forward slash as the path directory delimiter without escaping, just as on Unix/Linux:

  strFileToOpen = "C://Tmp/notecase_tmp.txt"

Nortier David

Nov 20, 2023, 3:18:22 AM11/20/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hello

Thank you for your answers

But I do

·         SendKeys.SendWait(Path.Combine(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["TestsDirectory"], ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["PdfDirectory"], "RAT19_12.pdf") + "{ENTER}");

So the path is correct, and on my development PC that works.

The problem arises on the PC where the tests are played, via TFS builds