Help needed in setup of dynamic grid (Hub and Nodes on same VM)on Linux rhel

Naga Kesireddy

May 2, 2022, 3:44:58 AM5/2/22
to Selenium Users
Hi Team ,

Could you help me in setting up the dynamic grid - Hub and Nodes on same VM.

Thanks,
Naga

Scott Babcock

May 11, 2022, 2:37:03 AM5/11/22
to Selenium Users
I have a Java framework that makes this super easy. Check out this client project:
 sbabcoc/local-grid-utility: This utility enables you to launch and shutdown a Selenium 2 Grid instance that manages five PhantomJS sessions. (github.com)

I have another project that I need to document that provides a much broader range of functionality. I'll see if I can figure out current state over the next few days.

Scott Babcock

May 25, 2022, 2:02:29 AM5/25/22
to Selenium Users
The project I was referring to previously is now published and in a very useable state. Check it out at https://github.com/sbabcoc/local-grid-parent

⇜Krishnan Mahadevan⇝

May 25, 2022, 3:54:34 AM5/25/22
to Selenium Users
If this is a Selenium 3 ask of having the hub and the node on the same VM, then you can take a look at just ask which is a docker based On demand grid prototype that I built.

It works with a single VM which has docker installed and is capable of spinning of a docker container per testcase and cleaning up the docker container after the test runs to completion.

Thanks & Regards
Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribblings @ https://rationaleemotions.com/