Unable to use IE webdriver in selenium [python] (Failed to navigate to ...)

Alexander Dietz

Jul 6, 2016, 9:50:10 AM7/6/16
to Selenium Users
On Windows 10 I am using IE 11 and the python API for selenium and IE webdriver 2.53.0 (64bit) / 2.53.1 (32 bit). I have enabled "Enable Protected Mode" for all zones for the IE. I also changed the registry as explained here. But I always get the same error:

selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: Failed to navigate to http://user:password@my.test.server.com. This usually means that a call to the COM method IWebBrowser2::Navigate2() failed.

How can I fix this problem?

Alexander Dietz

Jul 8, 2016, 4:27:52 AM7/8/16
to Selenium Users
Is nobody able to help in that matter? Or does someone know a different tool for GUI testing on Internet Explorer?

Alexander Dietz

Jul 12, 2016, 9:44:47 AM7/12/16
to Selenium Users
Does anyone has at least any suggestion on how I can investigate this issue by my own?

And why does nobody has the same problem? Does nobody use selenium for IE tests?