Selenium Manager process exited abnormally with 65 code:

Arden Next

Jun 25, 2024, 12:02:56 AM (8 days ago) Jun 25
to Selenium Users

I have a .Net framework method that try to use selenium to connect to a site for retrieve data.
I have installed Selenium.WebDriver and Selenium.Support from NuGet.

  1. When the method is called by a Test project it work

  2. When the method is called by a Windows Service it work

  3. When the method is called by a debug WebApi in VS2019 it try to locate "selenium-manager.exe" in the wrong folder
    E:\Lavoro\tecnositalia.visualstudio.com\tools.scooter.it\tools.scooter.it\selenium-manager\windows\selenium-manager.exe
    instead
    E:\Lavoro\tecnositalia.visualstudio.com\tools.scooter.it\tools.scooter.it\bin\selenium-manager\windows\selenium-manager.exe

    throwing "The type initializer for 'OpenQA.Selenium.SeleniumManager' threw an exception."

  4. Publish project on a IIS, and calling the webservice locate the "selenium-manager.exe" correctly, but I get this error:

throwing "Error starting process: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\tools.scooter.it\selenium-manager\windows\selenium-manager.exe --browser "chrome" --language-binding csharp --output json"

C# code:

ChromeOptions oChromeOptions = new ChromeOptions() { AcceptInsecureCertificates = true }; oChromeOptions.AddArgument("--headless"); IWebDriver oIWebDriver = new ChromeDriver(oChromeOptions); //Throw the error