Selenium Grid 4 - Hub and Nodes on different maschines!

Alexander Buss

Oct 1, 2021, 2:49:12 AM10/1/21
to Selenium Users
Hi,
I am trying to setup Selenium Grid4 with Hub running in a OpenShift Cluster and Nodes on separate Windows-VMs.
Hub is currently running and I have access to the grids webconsole but when I am starting a Node on my local maschine it fails to register.
Does someone how to a achieve that?

Thanks
Alex

Nikolay Stanoev

Oct 15, 2021, 2:48:46 AM10/15/21
to Selenium Users
Hi,

Can you share the command for registering the node?

When you are running node and hubs on different machines you will have to provide in node line the following parameters as well :
--publish-events tcp://HUB_IP:4442 --subscribe-events tcp://HUB_IP:4443

So when you start a new node on different machine it might looks this way
java -jar selenium-server-4.0.0.jar node --detect-drivers true --publish-events tcp://HUB_IP:4442 --subscribe-events tcp://HUB_IP:4443

Regards,
Nikolay Stanoev

Barnita Gupta

Oct 19, 2021, 11:18:56 PM10/19/21
to Selenium Users
Hi Nikolay,

Is there any example project or sample results of cmd commands for grid 4.
From official documentation it is hard to understand the output of CMD commands,
I'm also trying to setup node and hub on different machines but for checking the new grid I'm trying to register my node on same machine.
I used the command mentioned in official documentation
I'm able to register the hub and got below output

hub.JPG
when I'm trying to register to hub from my node I'm seeing below output,  my node is not registered  as i cant see any node registered in my console
What is expected after sending registration event?

node.png

help is appreciated!!.

Regards,
Barnita

Serguei Kouzmine

Oct 20, 2021, 1:03:18 AM10/20/21
to Selenium Users

Selenium 4 commands are changed compared to 3, atleast for some scenarios

Barnita Gupta

Oct 20, 2021, 3:04:03 AM10/20/21
to Selenium Users
Yes I noticed, however i have  used the latest command, the commands are working its just I'm not able to anticipate the output of next command.
previously with grid 3 i was able to register the node and hub on same machine, but now when I'm trying the same with grid 4 , the node is stuck at sending registration request.

Serguei Kouzmine

Oct 20, 2021, 10:28:01 AM10/20/21
to Selenium Users
publish a dry project on github where one can reproduce the issue

Tahir Akhlaq

Feb 21, 2022, 12:29:48 AM2/21/22
to Selenium Users
Hey Barnita,

Did u get the solution for this problem.