selenium-side-runner reports "Operation timed out!" if test contains pause commands

Gurken Rick

Nov 28, 2022, 6:52:29 AM11/28/22
to Selenium Users
Hi, I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong.
Have a test (.side file) that succeeds if running in the browser plugin.
If running it with selenium-side-runner (4.0.0-alpha.32) also all commands pass but
additionally "Operation timed out!" is reported multiple times in the final summary
whithout giving more details (and the test is reported as "failed" bacause of this).

The test contains some "pause" commands. Noticed that a timeout is reported for
each "pause" command that pauses for at least 5 seconds.
Removing them "solves" the problem.
This happens although debug output shows a "pass" for the pause command.

Don't want to remove them and don't want to/cannot replace them by any "wait for" command.

Does anybody know why a pause command with multiple seconds leads to a final timeout message with selenium-side-runner, although "passed" is reported for all commands?

thank you