How to run browser tests on IOS and Android devices using Selenium

Vikram Dave

Jan 9, 2014, 4:48:21 PM1/9/14
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to run browser based tests on actual devices. I have WebDriver tests which needs to be run on actual Android and IOS device browsers.

ANDROID(Selendroid):
I can't figure out how to run Android browser tests on an Android device using Selendroid. I looked at http://selendroid.io/quickStart.html, but it isn't clear to me how to run Android browser tests on a device. I have installed the app and followed instructions as per http://selendroid.io/architecture.html#testIt. It didn't run tests on my Android 2.3.6 phone. The test app was taken from https://github.com/selendroid/selendroid. Is there a minimum version of Android OS required to use Selendroid?

IOS:
Based on https://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/IPhoneDriver looks like I cant run safari browser tests on an actual device using selenium. Please correct me if I am wrong and kindly point me to an example showing browser based tests on actual IOS device using WebDriver.

Thanks in advance,
Vikram.