[docker-selenium] latest standalone-firefox images with specific Firefox version

Thomas Frans

Aug 22, 2022, 6:02:11 PM8/22/22
to Selenium Users
Hello

On my test environment I use selenium/node-firefox:latest images working with selenium/hub:latest (curently 4.4.0)
With some reason i have a need to run selenium test on older Firefox version even Firefox 100 release.

In cases like this I was creating own image of firefox node and I connected it to the existing environment.

Command that I use:
docker build -f NodeFirefox/Dockerfile -t my/private-image:100.0 --build-arg FIREFOX_VERSION=100.0 github.com/SeleniumHQ/docker-selenium.git#trunk

the image built operated on the latest version of github NodeFirefox/Docerfile with specific Firefox version.
I know I can use imege selenium/standalone-firefox:100.0 but in this case selenium-server.jar included in this image is in version 4.2.1 and I don't have guarantee that this node conect to selenium/hub:latest (4.4.0) without problems.

After code changes probably after #1656 pull request i can't do this anymore in this way

currently when i run this command i get error:
[+] Building 1.2s (1/1) FINISHED
 => [internal] load git source github.com/SeleniumHQ/docker-selenium.git#trunk
failed to solve with frontend dockerfile.v0: failed to create LLB definition: failed to parse stage name "firefox/node-base:": invalid reference format

Is the curently way to use latest images with specific Firefox version?

Thanxs
Thomas