c# - Selenium : Sendkey sends nothing

Nortier David

Oct 20, 2023, 9:12:37 AM10/20/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hello

This is a problem I've encountered before, but this time I can't get around it.

On my development PC, no problem

On PC where daily tests run: error.

I have an input : id newDigipass à element find by id

But when I do ‘sendkeys’ : nothing happens (no error, but no char in the input).

No more idea …

Thank you

  David

====== DISCLAIMER ======

https://www.cph.be/maildisclaimer

Message has been deleted

Michael James

Nov 30, 2023, 12:54:35 AM11/30/23
to Selenium Users
Could you please provide a more detailed description of the error encountered?

Nortier David

Nov 30, 2023, 3:04:18 AM11/30/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hello

What kind ?

I work in c#.

I search an element :

this.Driver.FindElement(By.Id(« theId ») à element is not null

I send keys :

element.SendKeys(« some chars »)

No error, but nothing in the element’s value

I think the lost focus makes clear : but why ? no difference with other input

Thanks

Nov 30, 2023, 3:10:37 AM11/30/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com
For at long as I can remember being on this forum I’ve seen questions from you Nortier about the most basic things. You must know by now that in order to get your question answered you need to provide something like a reproducible test case, at the very least a better description than “I’m trying to send keys to an element and it doesn’t work please help”.

Michael James

Nov 30, 2023, 11:07:24 PM11/30/23
to Selenium Users
Could you please share the URL you're working with and the related C# code I'd be happy to take a closer look and assist you effectively.

Nortier David

Dec 4, 2023, 3:08:08 AM12/4/23
to seleniu...@googlegroups.com

Hi

the problem with real bugs is that they are not reproducible :-)

the statement is simple, that's why I don't give a lot of information.

You locate an input, you do a sendKeys, but nothing happens, and no error either.

I can't tell you more. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever had this problem.

Have a good day