How to use Selenium-Ice

Dev

Jul 23, 2009, 6:45:38 AM7/23/09
to Selenium Ice
Hi,

I'm a Selenium-Ide user. It works for me with Firefox. But I want to
record the selenium scripts on IE.
Is selenium-ice is the answer?

Thanks
Dev

Jason Huggins

Jul 23, 2009, 11:06:04 AM7/23/09
to seleni...@googlegroups.com

At the moment, no. But if/when I (or others) start porting Selenium
IDE to IE, I'd be using Selenium Ice as the start of the code base.
Ice is currently just a "Hello World"-level example app for writing an
Browser Helper Object (BHO) extension for IE, which was an incredibly
difficult challenge to find information on how to do just that. What I
also added to the mix was an Nant automated build scripts and the
beginnings of a test suite. But, alas, it's just a shell for what an
IDE for IE could become.

- Jason Huggins
cofounder, sauce labs inc
creator, selenium
twitter: @jhuggins
http://saucelabs.com

Dev

Jul 24, 2009, 9:45:40 AM7/24/09
to Selenium Ice
Hi Jason
Thanks for your quick reply.

Can we point Selenium IDE to any running instance if IE?

Thanks
Dev