CaptureNetworkTrafficCommandTest

Kevin Menard

Jun 24, 2010, 5:59:26 PM6/24/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I can't seem to get CaptureNetworkTrafficCommandTest to run at all.
The test fixtures don't seem to be in the test tree, so my best guess
is that this test isn't being run at all. Is this intentional or does
someone know what the history may be there?

Thanks,
Kevin

Patrick Lightbody

Jun 27, 2010, 12:44:18 PM6/27/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
I probably wrote the test, but for the life of me can't recall what I
was trying to do there.

I think we should probably be moving away from the
captureNetworkTraffic command anyway. We're really trying to rally
around the HAR format and integrating with tools that support HAR.
Ideally, I'd like to take browsermob-proxy and browsermob-page-perf
and get them to work really nicely with Selenium 1.x and 2.x and
export HAR.

Discuss HAR spec:
http://groups.google.com/group/http-archive-specification

Discuss grand plans to integrate Selenium, HAR, BrowserMob free tools,
WebPageTest.org, etc:
http://groups.google.com/group/web-testing-framework

Fork of Selenium proxy designed to capture performance data:
http://github.com/lightbody/browsermob-proxy

Captures HAR natively using Firebug + server component to store HAR
files and chart them:
http://github.com/lightbody/browsermob-page-perf

Patrick

Kevin Menard

Jun 27, 2010, 10:00:14 PM6/27/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info, Patrick. I'll look into what you have there. In
the meanwhile, since it is a command we currently provide, I've fixed
the tests. I still have no idea if the test is being executed as part
of the suite though, since I can't seem to build locally and Bamboo is
currently failing. I also updated the JSON output to be valid. There
were issues with unquoted keys and values. I assumed the XML and
plain outputs were correct.

--
Kevin

cburroughs

Jul 16, 2010, 11:44:23 AM7/16/10
to Selenium Developers
I have a fork of browsermob-proxy with some experimentally hooked
together with Patrick HAR code. Feedback welcome!

http://github.com/cburroughs/browsermob-proxy

On Jun 27, 12:44 pm, Patrick Lightbody <patr...@lightbody.net> wrote:
> I probably wrote the test, but for the life of me can't recall what I
> was trying to do there.
>
> I think we should probably be moving away from the
> captureNetworkTraffic command anyway. We're really trying to rally
> around the HAR format and integrating with tools that support HAR.
> Ideally, I'd like to take browsermob-proxy and browsermob-page-perf
> and get them to work really nicely with Selenium 1.x and 2.x and
> export HAR.
>
> Discuss HAR spec:http://groups.google.com/group/http-archive-specification
>
> Discuss grand plans to integrate Selenium, HAR, BrowserMob free tools,
> WebPageTest.org, etc:http://groups.google.com/group/web-testing-framework
>
> Fork of Selenium proxy designed to capture performance data:http://github.com/lightbody/browsermob-proxy
>
> Captures HAR natively using Firebug + server component to store HAR
> files and chart them:http://github.com/lightbody/browsermob-page-perf
>
> Patrick

cburroughs

Jul 16, 2010, 12:14:33 PM7/16/10
to Selenium Developers
Sorry for the double post, I should of course linked to the correct
branch: http://github.com/cburroughs/browsermob-proxy/tree/morestats

Patrick Lightbody

Sep 6, 2010, 5:19:48 PM9/6/10
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
For anyone else who is interested in the ability to capture network
traffic out of Selenium, please join this Google Group:

http://groups.google.com/group/web-testing-framework

I will be kicking off a discussion about this topic in the next week or so.

Patrick