Issue 6868 | Update HttpClient to support streaming | Need details

Virender

Mar 10, 2019, 12:42:17 PM3/10/19
to Selenium Developers
Hi,

I am new to the Selenium group. I have started learning selenium from a developer point of view so that I can contribute. I have recently looked at the available items in the Selenium 4 project. There is one item that I would like to implement that.

It will be really appreciated if I can get the answers to these two questions
1. What is the process to own a work item?
2. I need more technical details of the above-mentioned work item.

Your help is really appreciated.

Thanks
Virender

Krishnan Mahadevan

Mar 10, 2019, 11:26:46 PM3/10/19
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com

Virender,

While someone from the selenium dev group responds back, here’s my take on your questions.

  1. What is the process to own a work item ? – AFAIK, there’s no process. You can perhaps comment on the GITHUB issue in question expressing your willingness to work on it and then go about raising a pull request. I don’t think there’s any other specific process for contributors. Yes, there may-be an internal process that the selenium dev folks follow, but its more towards ensuring that there’s no duplication of work etc.,
  2. Need more technical details on the work item – You might want to get on to the IRC Chat or the slack channel (where the IRC Chat is also mirrored). I think you stand a better chance of getting some answers immediately from there. You could then add your understanding to it and put it as a comment on that issue. That way when it comes to reviewing your PR, it would be a lot easier for the dev team as well.

Thanks & Regards

Krishnan Mahadevan

My Technical Scribbings @ http://rationaleemotions.com/

Viru

Mar 11, 2019, 3:36:35 AM3/11/19
to selenium-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Krishnan for your response. I will send message on the slack channel and based on the replies I will take it forward.

Thanks
Virender

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Selenium Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/selenium-developers/7D0498C2-E5CD-4A50-8FDA-C0183C6E592A%40gmail.com.