Selenide element typeoptions

amit

Jan 17, 2024, 10:44:21 PMJan 17
to selenide
Hi All,
I have a textbox where I am able to do sendkeys successfully but I was trying out the typeoptions(charsequence) method but it does not work. I get an exception "UnsupportedCommandException: 'readonly' attribute is unknown for the element". Does typetions command do something different than sendkeys? I was hoping to use the delay to type each character as a user would but I can't see to interact with the element.

Andrei Solntsev

Jan 18, 2024, 2:12:23 AMJan 18
to amit, selenide
Hi Amit!

Method typeoptions(charsequence) works. :)

Please share more details:
1. The full error message with stack trace
2. Web or appium?
3. Selenide version / Appium version etc.

Andrei Solntsev

чт, 18 янв. 2024 г. в 05:44, amit <kshatriya....@gmail.com>:
Hi All,
I have a textbox where I am able to do sendkeys successfully but I was trying out the typeoptions(charsequence) method but it does not work. I get an exception "UnsupportedCommandException: 'readonly' attribute is unknown for the element". Does typetions command do something different than sendkeys? I was hoping to use the delay to type each character as a user would but I can't see to interact with the element.

amit

Jan 18, 2024, 9:38:45 AMJan 18
to selenide
Hi Andrei!
Should have included this information before :)

Selenide version: 6.19.1
Appium java client version: 8.6.0
Appium version: 2.2.1
Test is usign appium for android app

Element should be editable {By.xpath: //android.widget.EditText[@resource-id="username"]}
Element: '<null class="android.widget.EditText" name></null>'
Timeout: 60 s.
Caused by: UnsupportedCommandException: 'readonly' attribute is unknown for the element. Only the following attributes are supported: [checkable, checked, {class,className}, clickable, {content-desc,contentDescription}, enabled, focusable, focused, {long-clickable,longClickable}, package, password, {resource-id,resourceId}, scrollable, selection-start, selection-end, selected, {text,name}, hint, extras, bounds, displayed, contentSize]
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.WebElementSource.handleError(WebElementSource.java:149)
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.WebElementSource.checkConditionAndReturnElement(WebElementSource.java:127)
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.WebElementSource.findAndAssertElementIsEditable(WebElementSource.java:184)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Clear.execute(Clear.java:41)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Clear.execute(Clear.java:33)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Commands.execute(Commands.java:165)
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.SelenideElementProxy.dispatchAndRetry(SelenideElementProxy.java:132)
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.SelenideElementProxy.invoke(SelenideElementProxy.java:84)
at jdk.proxy2/jdk.proxy2.$Proxy27.clear(Unknown Source)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Clear.clear(Clear.java:72)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Type.clearField(Type.java:68)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Type.execute(Type.java:36)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Type.execute(Type.java:20)
at com.codeborne.selenide.commands.Commands.execute(Commands.java:165)
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.SelenideElementProxy.dispatchAndRetry(SelenideElementProxy.java:132)
at com.codeborne.selenide.impl.SelenideElementProxy.invoke(SelenideElementProxy.java:84)
at jdk.proxy2/jdk.proxy2.$Proxy27.type(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511)

Andrei Solntsev

Jan 19, 2024, 2:28:24 AMJan 19
to amit, selenide
Hi.
It seems you are not using dependency "selenide-appium".
Please add it.
It's a Selenide plugin that customizes some methods for Appium.

Andrei Solntsev

amit

Jan 19, 2024, 9:27:29 AMJan 19
to selenide