Minimum Requirements for Selenide Appium

Andre Steenkamp

Jan 30, 2024, 3:00:31 AMJan 30
to sele...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys

Can anyone assist me please.

I want to run my Selenide Appium automated test from my Jenkins pipeline which means I need to ensure that when I run that job from the automation server or anyone else runs it locally that they have all the dependencies installed.

I cannot recall what all I had to install to get this working on my local machine so is there somewhere I can see again what needs to be installed for my automation to run on any server?

I know selenide is fine if you have it in your pom.xml file but what about adb or the android driver? it's been a while since i set up my local machine so just need to know what all is required

Would I need to install the below?

npm i --location=global appium
appium driver install uiautomator2

What about the android sdk platform tools?

Andre Steenkamp

Jan 30, 2024, 3:01:48 AMJan 30
to sele...@googlegroups.com
Andre Steenkamp
Senior Test Analyst
C: +27 82 923 9140 | T: +27 21 525 3100
An...@switch.tj | transactionjunction.co.za

The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error.
Thank you.

Andrei Solntsev

Jan 30, 2024, 7:03:10 AMJan 30
to Andre Steenkamp, sele...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andre!

You need to have an Appium and Android SDK with an emulator installed.

Take a look at Selenide own build script for GitHub Actions: https://github.com/selenide/selenide/blob/main/.github/workflows/test.yml

In sections "run-android-tests" and "run-ios-tests", this script installs everything needed for mobile tests.

Andrei Solntsev